Google Webmaster Tools provides you with the data, tools and diagnostics for a health, Google-friendly site. Here are some of the things you can do:
- Check your site’s health for potential issues that Google has detected.
- Understand your search traffic and learn how users are finding your site.
- Make optimizations to help Google better understand and represent your site.
Adding Webmaster Tools
- Visit https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ and sign in with yout Google Account.
- Enter the URL of the site you want to add in the provided field e.g. http://www.example.com then click the ADD A SITE button.
- You will be prompted to verify your ownership of the domain name entered. Using the recommended method download the provided HTML file.
- Upload the provided HTML file to the “wwwroot” directory of your website using an FTP client or the WebsitePanel File Manager.
- Confirm the file has been successfully uploaded by visiting the page in your browser.
- Click the VERIFY button.
- Your ownership will be verified.
Note: To keep the ownership verified do not remove the HTML file you uploaded.
You can now start using Google Webmaster Tools on your website.