This guide documents the process of adding a complex product with both variants and options to the WiseShopper. Using a typical running shoe an example, variants are added to manage available colours while options present both shoe size and width.
A front-end preview of the “ASICS Gel Kayano 22” product we will be creating, complete with variants and options – View the completed product online.
Adding a Master Product
- Enter the Shopper section of the administration.
- From the left menu navigate to Products > Product Add.
- Enter the Name of your product e.g “ASICS GEL-Kayano 22”.
- Click Save.
- Expand the Edit Category panel, select a Category for the product e.g. “Shoes > Running” and click Add.
- Expand the Edit Brand panel, select a Manufacturer for the product e.g. “ASICS” and click Add.
- Switch to the Description tab and complete description fields as needed.
- Click Save.
- Switch to the Tabs tab to add additional tab controlled content to the product.
- Enter desired content into Tab Content, a label into Tab Heading e.g.“Features” and set Visible to “Yes”.
- Click Save.
- Switch to the Image / Files tab to add default product image.
- Click Choose File to navigate your local computer for an image, once selected click Add Default to upload and assign the image to the product.
- From the left menu navigate to Option > Option Group Add.
- Enter the Option Group Name and Visible Name for your first group of options e.g. “Shoe Size (AU)”. Set Active to “Yes”, then click Save.
- Repeat the above to add an additional Option Group for our product e.g. “Shoe Width”.
- From the left menu navigate to Option > Option Item Add.
- Select the Option Group e.g. “Shoe Size (AU)” and enter a Visible Name e.g. “07.5” for the option. Set Active to “Yes”, then click Save.
- Repeat the above until you have created all desired Option Items e.g. for “Shoe Size (AU)” we have created the following Option Items “07”, “07.5”, “08”, through to “12.5” and for “Shoe Width” we have “Narrow [B]”, “Standard [D]” and “Wide [2E]”.
Adding Variant and Option Products
- Return to the product you created ealier.
- Switch to the Variants / Options tab.
- In the Options panel select each applicable Option Group e.g. “Shoe Size (AU)” and “Shoe Width” and click Add.
- When an Option Group is added you’ll then be able to add Option Items from that group. Add all relevant Option Items.
- Switch to the Product Detail tab.
- Edit the Variant Title to describe what the Variants will represent e.g. “Colours/Styles”.
- Click Save.
- Switch back to the Variants / Options tab.
- Using the Variants panel enter and Add the title of each required variant product e.g. “Red Pepper”, “ASICS Blue”, “Deep Cobalt”, “Silver” and “Onyx”.
Updating Variant Products
- From the Product List panel on the Variants / Options tab click a variant to update e.g. “ASICS Blue [V]”. You will now be editing only this specific variation of the product.
- Switch to the Image / Files tab.
- Under the Default Image panel click Choose File to navigate your local computer for an image, once selected click Add Default to upload and assign the image to this variant product.
- Under the Image Library do the same to add additional images to this variant. Note: If an image library exists on the master product and not on the variant then the master product library will be displayed.
- Make any other changes specific to this variation, e.g. Price, Description etc which will be initially inherited by variant options when created in the next step.
Creating Variant Options
- When editing a variant switch to the Variants / Options tab.
- Using the Product Option panel select available combinations of Option Items from the available Option Groups e.g. “Shoe Size: 7 / Shoe Width: Standard [D]” then click Create Product to add the selection as a product.
- Cycle through this process for each available combination for each variant.
- Edit the individual option products as required e.g. e.g. Price, Code, Stock etc.
Variant / Options tab after creating all the product variant options.