Creating a Promotional Code
- Enter the “Shopper” section of the administration.
- Using the left menu navigate to “Promotion” > “Promotion Add”.
- Enter the details for your new promotional code:
- Give your promotion a “Name”.
- Assign a “Code”. This is the code used by customers to receive the promotional discount.
- Set the “Start” and “Finish Date” to set the duration of the promotion.
- Enter a “Brief Description“
- Select the type of discount; Percentage (%) or Dollar value ($).
- Set the “Discount Percent/Value“.
Example: A promotional code valid for the duration of March which applies a 10% discount.
- Click “Save” to create the promotional code.
Enabling Promotional Codes
In order for customers to use promotional codes they must be enabled in your websites configuration.
- Enter the “General” section of the administration.
- Using the left menu navigate to “Config Settings”.
- Using the “Name” field search for “Shp.PromotionEnable” setting and set its “Value” to “TRUE”.