Setup for a Forwarded Email Address
If you’re using an email forward without an actual mail box you can still setup a from email address in Gmail that matches your email forward address.
Use your Gmail user credentials for the authentication of the new from email address.
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click and click Settings.
- Go to the Accounts tab.
- Click Add another email address that you own.
- In the dialogue box enter Name and new Email address, check Treat as an alias.
- Use your current Gmail email address credentials.
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
Password: your password
- Click Add Account.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the new email address.
When you receive the email you can either click the link or enter the confirmation code into the dialogue box.
- Click Verify if entering the confirmation code.
Now when sending emails from Gmail you can select a different From email address and recipients will see this as the reply address.