If you’re going to setup a local development environment on Windows 10, you’ll probably want to install IIS (Internet Information Services).
In Windows 10 IIS is considered a Windows Feature and is disabled by default, so to install it you will need to enable it through Windows.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box, enter appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- This will open the Program and Features Control Panel, from here click Turn Windows Features On or Off.
- Check Internet Information Services.
- Expand Internet Information Service to explorer and enable any addition sub-components you may require e.g.:
- Click OK to apply your changes.
- IIS should now be installed.