Setup an email account using Thunderbird
- Open Thunderbird.
- Click Create a new account.
- If prompted “Would you like a new email address?” click the Skip this and use my existing email button.
- Type Your name, Email address and email address Password into the fields provided.
- Click [Continue].
- Thunderbird will attempt to automatically select the server host name, port number, SSL and Authentication settings for you. These settings will likely need to be adjusted so you can click [Manual Config] to skip ahead.
- Modify the incoming settings to:
- Incoming protocol: Select POP3 from the drop down
- Incoming server hostname: pop3.wiseinternet.net
- Incoming port: 995
- Incoming SSL: SSL
- Incoming authentication: Normal password
- Modify the outgoing settings to:
- Outgoing protocol: SMTP Outgoing server
- hostname: smtp.wiseinternet.net
- Outgoing port: 465
- Outgoing SSL: SSL
- Outgoing authentication: Normal password
- Ensure you modify the Username settings to your full email address e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click [Done].
- Click [Confirm Security Exception]. To find out more about this warning, see the SSL on Shared SMTP Service page.
Thunderbird will verify that the setting are correct and complete the creation of your email account.