Tracking Site Searches
- Click the Admin tab at the top right of any screen in Analytics.
- If you are not already on the Account Administration screen, click the All Accounts link at top left, just below the orange bar.
- Click the account that contains the web property and view for which you want to set up Site Search.
- Click the web property that contains the view for which you want to set up Site Search.
- Use the View menu to select the view you want.
- Click the View Settings sub-tab.
- Under Site Search Settings, set Site Search Tracking to ON.
- In the Query Parameter field, enter the word or words that designate an internal query parameter, such as “term,search,query”. For WordPress by default this will be the letter “s“.
- Tick Strip query parameters out of URL.
- Click Save.
The Site Search reports appear under Content on the Standard Reporting. It may take up to 48 hours for data to appear in your reports once you have configured Site Search.